If you’re a parent or mentor of a young person with disabilities, Life After IEPs is for you.
Whether your child is an elementary student or a high school graduate, you’ll find information, resources, and support you’ll need along the way.
A challenging journey
There’s joy on the path to adulthood. But it ain’t always easy. Perseverence, grace, and a good sense of humor are needed. It can be a bumpy road.
- Supports available during the IEP years will end after high school
- Unfamiliar laws, systems and jargon lie ahead
- Resources exist, but they’re scattered in different places and difficult to understand
- Professionals mean well, but too often families leave meetings confused and overwhelmed
On this site, you’ll find
- Resources gathered in one place
- Jargon translated and processes explained
- Information you need to help your child set priorities, make plans and take action
- Encouragement, stress relief, and renewed perspective
- Young adults who have navigated this terrain and are enjoying fulfilling lives